Friday, September 23, 2011

When will it be my turn?

When Will It Be My Turn?

I often wonder just why it is I that have to be responsible for everyone else?

Why do I have to pick up the dirty clothes left on the floor or clean up a mess the animals made?

Why do I have to ensure that my children are taught to be responsible, have good manners & be held accountable for negative actions?

Why do I have to be there when things go bad or to explain again and again why something is the way it is?

Why do I have to be the one to make all the appointments for doctors, dentists & vets?

Why do I have to ask if the chores have been done or remind others that they need to do so?

Why am I left to get my kids down to bed at night and make sure they get up in the morning?

Why do I have to make sure they all have clean clothes to go to work or school every day and their bedding is clean at night?

Why do I have to teach them the difference between right or wrong or what is dangerous to do?

Why do I have to attend the parent/teacher interviews, the principals office or talk with the police if they come to my door?

Why do I have to make sure the bills are paid, the banking is done, the taxes complete, the food is bought & everyone has all that they need to live?

Why do I have to be the one who gets up in the night when a child cries or make sure they don't get sick, go to school with a fever or have an earache? Or to make sure medicine is available when they do?

Why am I stuck being the only one they rely on?

Why is it me they always believe will just take care of everything?

When does someone finally take care of me?

When will it be my turn?

No comments:

Post a Comment